By Jeffrey Barroga
With so many travelers becoming more eco-aware, it is only natural that when we are on holiday we look to hire cars that are also eco-friendly. Hiring a car is one of the best ways to take in all the best that Australia has to offer, but nobody wants to travel around in a petrol-guzzling vehicle.
We have had a lot of more fuel efficient cars coming onto the market over the past few years, but hybrid cars — which use both petrol and electricity — are few and far between. Thus hiring an eco-friendly car is not always easy, as there are not that many of them available In Australia at rental car companies.
Here are three tips to help you find an eco-friendly car in Australia for your next business or holiday trip.
1. Always book in advance. If you seriously want a hybrid car, then it is best to book far in advance of your traveling date. This way you can be sure that it will be available for your trip. If you leave it too close to your travel date or decide to just pop in and see what’s available, then 9 times out of 10 you will have to settle for something else.
2. Check out larger, newer rental companies. The older, smaller rental companies tend to have a lot of older cars that are not fuel efficient, and rarely have hybrid cars in their fleet. So it pays to look at the larger national rental hire companies first, because you are more likely to find a hybrid car there for hire.
3. If all else fails, go small. If you can’t find a hybrid car for hire on your travel dates or one big enough for your needs, then the next best option is to hire a small, fuel efficient car. This is not the best option, but it might be the only option you have at the time you need to travel. The newer and more cost efficient cars emit less toxic pollution and burn their fuel far more efficiently than older models.
Hiring a hybrid car when you are traveling is also a great way to introduce yourself to this type of eco-friendly car. You might already be considering purchasing one for yourself. Take note though that hiring a hybrid gives you the opportunity to try it out for yourself, meaning that you can test it before you commit to buying one.
So on your next holiday or business trip, do your research first and make sure to book your rental car early. Then simply enjoy the experience of driving an environmentally friendly car.
Latest posts by Jessica Festa (see all)
- The Best Way To Explore Traditional Icelandic Culture In Reykjavik - Mar 20, 2017
- How To Have An Immersive California Farm Stay Experience - Mar 13, 2017
- A Guide To NYC’s Best Subway Art - Mar 8, 2017
- This Is What Happens When We See Refugees As Human Beings - Mar 8, 2017
- How To Ethically Volunteer With Injured Animals In India - Mar 7, 2017