For a delicious cultural experience in Johannesburg, South Africa, head to the township of Soweto to Sakhumzi Restaurant, located right near Nelson Mandela’s old home (which is now a museum) and Desmond Tutu’s family home. The eatery serves up a delicious buffet of local foods, like baked chicken, sweet pumpkin, tripe, salad with olives and tomatoes, farmer’s sausage, cubed lamb, spicy lentils and spicy chakalaka, to name a few options. Up-beat music adds to the ambiance.
Latest posts by Jessica Festa (see all)
- A Culturally-Immersive Adventure In Mongolia’s Altai Mountains - Jul 8, 2023
- This Recipe Sharing Platform Supports Women In The Culinary Industry (Labneh Recipe Included!) - Nov 5, 2020
- Hiking The Mohare Danda Community Eco-Trek In Nepal - Jun 3, 2020
- 6 Important Questions For Choosing A Responsible Yoga Retreat - May 18, 2020
- How To Create & Grow A Profitable Blogging Business (Ethically) - Jan 18, 2020