Peposo Di Manzo is a popular dish in Tuscany, Italy, featuring hearty beef or wild boar. The meat is marinated overnight in an infusion of red wine, rosemary, bay leafs, ground pepper and juniper berries. The next day, onion, celery, carrots and garlic are sauteed in olive oil and mixed into the sauce with black pepper, salt, lemon peel, tomato, concentrate, cinnamon and nutmeg. This dish is a great example of how Tuscan cooking makes use of fresh local produce, herbs and spices to enhance a meat’s flavor, which in this case has a delectable sweet yet earthy flavor.
Latest posts by Jessica Festa (see all)
- A Culturally-Immersive Adventure In Mongolia’s Altai Mountains - Jul 8, 2023
- This Recipe Sharing Platform Supports Women In The Culinary Industry (Labneh Recipe Included!) - Nov 5, 2020
- Hiking The Mohare Danda Community Eco-Trek In Nepal - Jun 3, 2020
- 6 Important Questions For Choosing A Responsible Yoga Retreat - May 18, 2020
- How To Create & Grow A Profitable Blogging Business (Ethically) - Jan 18, 2020