Imagine sitting at a crackling fireplace — a mug of hot chocolate in hand — listening to the Carpenter’s croon, “Oh, there’s no place like home for the holidays, For no matter how far away you roam – When you long for the sunshine of a friendly gaze, For the holidays – you can’t beat home, sweet home.”
The following holiday hotel packages allow you to enjoy these nostalgic experiences. Moreover, they help you skip over the negatives of the holidays: orchestrating a complicated holiday meal, the mountains of dirty dishes, tracks of muddy snow on the kitchen floor and sharing close quarters with opinionated in-laws. A change of scenery can inspire a refreshed sense of holiday spirit without the stress, especially with decadent rooms and amenities. With family-friendly and romantic-getaway options all over the country, give yourself a gift this season with one of these top holiday hotel package.
Authentic Experiences and Ice Skating in Downtown San Diego, CA
Are you seeking a deluxe retreat at a great value near the best shopping, entertainment and holiday festivities of downtown San Diego? Kimpton’s Hotel Palomar San Diego launched a new All the Trimmings package, designed for guests who want to escape the holiday stress and spend more time making memories. With rates starting at $219 per night, the package offers:
- Deluxe Accommodations and Option to Upgrade at Check-in ($25 additional for suite, $75 for loft, based on availability)
- Daily Credit at Spa
- 50 Percent off Overnight Valet Parking
- Complimentary Daily Continental Breakfast for Two
- $25 Daily Credit for Saltbox Restaurant
- Two Ice-skating Passes to Horton Plaza Ice Rink
- Complimentary In-room Movie, with Popcorn
- Complimentary Morning Coffee and Tea Service, Hosted Evening Wine Hour, 24-hour Access to In-house Fitness Room, and Wireless Internet Access (Kimpton InTouch members)
Package is available through 1/31/2014 and can be booked online using the rate code “TRIM” or by calling (888) 288-6601.
Naughty or Nice Beachside Holiday Fun in San Diego, CA
If watching the sunset over the Pacific Ocean is more your style, chose a wild or tame visit to Kimpton’s Hotel La Jolla, San Diego, located walking distance to the renowned La Jolla Shores Beach. Visitors to can take advantage of their new Naughty or Nice customizable package, both starting at $239/night, now through January 11.
- Those seeking a ‘Naughty‘ winter escape will receive complimentary shots of Fireball whiskey upon arrival, an in-room movie of choice (no questions asked), a temptation intimacy kit, and a $25 gift card to UTC shopping center to splurge on a little something for themselves.
- Guests feeling ‘Nice‘ this holiday season can chose a family-friendly package with welcoming hot chocolate, in-room movie (PG-R), gingerbread house kit, and $25 gift card to the UTC shopping center to get a head start on their holiday shopping.
The hotel’s luxe amenities can accommodate relaxed and adventurous visitors, who may want to lounge poolside, surf, SUP or ride beach cruisers with a sand’sational beach butler bag, filled with winter essentials like blankets, binoculars for whale watching, a thermos and a mason jar for collecting La Jolla’s treasures. Amenities for all visitors include:
- A nightly Coastal Hour (complimentary wine & small bites)
- Morning tea and coffee service
- Kimpton signature animal print robes
- Members of Kimpton InTouch loyalty program can enjoy free Wi-Fi, a hosted evening wine hour, wellness and fitness options and personalized preferences.
Join Omni’s “Hotelves” For a Festive Holiday Stay in Barton Creek, TX, Palm Springs, CA or Southern CA
To celebrate the spirit of the season, Omni Hotels & Resorts invites winter travelers to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year by taking advantage of its enchanting holiday “Elves and Eggnog” overnight package available at three locations: Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, and Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa. Designed to promote a wistful reminder of holiday traditions, this package — offered at all three locations through December 30th — combines luxury treatment with fun surprises, including some delivered by hotel elves “hotelves”. Expect:
- 20% off luxury accommodations
- Eggnog amenity
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- Holiday turndown service with a treat, delivered by hotel elves, “hotelves”
- Late check-out
For those who want to head to Austin, Texas for some Southern Hospitality, Omni Barton Creek is offering the “Holiday Lights & Ice Family Package”. This package (available Nov. 27 – Jan. 6) includes cozy accommodations, one daily skating session per person and a festive breakfast buffet .
Do you have friends and family in town and not enough space to hold them? The all-new “The “Kick ’em Off the Couch” special at Omni La Costa will host your extra guests at the lowest rates available for luxurious and spacious accommodations, starting at $199 per night.
Booking for the Elves and Eggnog package is valid for stays from Nov. 15 through Dec. 30, 2013. Rates are subject to availability and will vary by property and date. For additional information or to book accommodations, guests may visit omnihotels.com or call 1-800-The-Omni.
Find a Home Away from Home in Cape May, NJ
Cape May isn’t just a summer beach town, but a festive place to spend the holiday season, surrounded by beautifully decorated Victorian houses and cozy seaside restaurants. This “Winters are Wonderful” holiday special can be redeemed at either the historical Congress Hall or romantic Virginia Hotel. Experience the magic of Cape May with beautiful holiday decorations, twinkling lights, hot cocoa bar and cozy fireplace seating. Available November 3, 2013 – January 30, 2014, the package includes:
- Accommodations at the Virginia Hotel or Congress Hall Hotel
- $30 credit to be used in the hotel dining room or $12 credit for cocktails in the longue
- 15% off one Sea Spa Treatment or 15% off one Sea Spa Retail Item
- Late checkout
To book this package, please call 1-800-732-4236. This package is not bookable online.
Celebrate Christmas and New Years With Holiday Feasts in Washington D.C.
Our nation’s capital city is the place to be this holiday with celebrations like the National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, the Nutcracker at the Washington Ballet and more. Travelers can be close to the action when they chose from the following array of holiday packages courtesy of Capella Washiongton, DC, one of TripAdvisor’s coveted “2013 Hot New Hotels”.
- “One Night Christmas Package” – For those interested in an overnight stay on Christmas day, this package includes two of the following: ice skating and skate rental tickets to the Washington Harbour Ice Skating Rink in Georgetown; complimentary welcome drinks; five-course Christmas Day dinner and breakfast at The Grill Room on December 26; late check-out. Rates for package begin at $626.00 per night- reserve here.
- “Two Nights Christmas Package” – Guests arriving on Christmas Eve also have the option of this two-nights experience which includes a two night stay and two of the following: ice skating tickets and rentals; welcome drinks upon arrival; Christmas Day brunch, five-course Christmas day Dinner and breakfast at The Grill Room on December 26; and late check-out. Rates for package begin at $638.50 per night- reserve here.
- “New Year’s Capital Celebrations Package” – Usher-in in the New Year in style at one of the most in-demand hot spots for celebrations. The package includes a New Year’s Eve overnight stay; cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in The Rye Bar at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 31, 2013; five-course New Year’s Eve dinner at The Grill Room; live entertainment and after dinner dancing; Taittinger Champagne toast on the hotel’s stunning rooftop at midnight; an after midnight supper; brunch all day on New Year’s Day; and late check-out. Rates for package begin at $1,496.00 per night- reserve here.
Each room and suite includes daily afternoon amenities, evening turndown, wireless Internet and a refreshment center stocked with complimentary soft drinks, juices, coffee, espresso and bottled water. Guests will have access to the hotel’s team of Personal Assistants around-the-clock, flexible check-in and check-out times and complimentary pressing of up to five clothing items.
Ski Getaway or Epicurean Escape in Holderness, NH
Holiday packages abound at the Manor on Golden Pond, which has impressive, upscale country accommodations in Holderness, NH. The Manor overlooks picturesque Squam Lake, made famous by the film ‘On Golden Pond.’ The Manor has several getaway packages, including:
Ski and Stay: The crisp snow and impressive peaks of the White Mountains of New Hampshire make it a perfect location for a ski getaway. When you’re not on the slopes, enjoy luxurious fireside comforts with this Ski and Stay Package. Arrive at the Manor to a nice cup of Hot Cider or Afternoon tea. Ski at the wonderful Waterville Valley Ski Resort, then return for a relaxing massage and candlelight gourmet dinner beside the fire.
Starting at $895 for a Fireplace Room, the package includes luxury accommodations for two nights, full country breakfast each morning, afternoon tea each day, one dinner, one massage per guest per stay, one day of skiing at Waterville Valley Ski Resort.
Cooking School: If staying warm in the kitchen is more your style, learn to create award-winning cuisine during a 2-night, 3-day vacation with this package which includes “Fork in the Road” Cooking Classes. During these hands-on cooking classes, fit for both novice and experienced students, Manor’s team of professionally trained chefs share culinary secrets and invite visitors to sample the prepared dishes.
Starting at $650 for a classic room, your epicurean escape will include: Accommodations for two nights, 2 days of cooking school for one participant, 3-course candlelit dinner for two each evening, full gourmet breakfast each morning, daily afternoon tea, a recipe book and culinary gift from the manor.
Latest posts by Katie Foote (see all)
- Food Travel: 12 Accommodations Offering Immersive Culinary Classes - Nov 9, 2015
- Woodstock: An Immersive Art Experience In South Africa’s Cape Town - Sep 21, 2015
- Celebrate Culture With These Unforgettable Pop Ups Around The World - Sep 4, 2015
- Ethnic Restaurants & Cultural Community Building In Greensboro, North Carolina - Aug 14, 2015
- Explore With Conscious: Travel Gadgets That Give Back - Jul 29, 2015