Welcome to Epicure & Culture, an online magazine dedicated to immersive culinary experiences, cultural encounters, responsible tourism and transformative travel.
Make yourself a cup of tea or pour a glass of wine and get comfortable. Our stories aren’t meant to be gulped, they’re meant to be savored. Full of narratives, delicious guides, local accounts, beautiful photo essays, global projects and inspiring stories, Epicure & Culture is a virtual hangout where you can easily spend all day exploring the planet, making delicious discoveries and feeding your mind.
Here is a small taste of what you can expect to get out of Epicure & Culture:
- How to have a global table adventure without leaving home
- How to properly pair chocolate and wine
- The Secret To Navigating Public Transportation With A Disability
- How one NYC restaurant is converting vegans
- Essential ways to immerse yourself in Portland’s artisan culture
- Must-have yoga fusion retreats around the world
- What makes bakarkhani an important South Asian staple
And much, much more!
Epicure & Culture was started in November 2012 with the goal of helping people explore the world through food, drink, people and culture. The articles, photographs and videos you’ll find throughout the online magazine were created with travelers in mind, whether you’re a full-time nomad, a one week per year vagabond or a curious armchair traveler.
While there is an emphasis on cuisine, don’t expect to find recipes for 5-minute meatloaf or sugar-free chocolate chip cookies. That is, unless these recipes relate in some way to the culture of a place, an artisanal business or will help people to better explore a destination. Moreover, don’t come here if you’re looking for any generic “10 best” or “10 things to do in” posts, as any roundups we do focus on delving into specific facets of a place. If you love immersive narratives that take you on epicurious journeys, stories that bring you on explorations of discovery, guides that enlighten you on a city’s culture, and stunning video and photography, then you’ve come to the right place. We hope you enjoy your epicurious and cultural journey.
Note: If you like inspirational pictures full of wanderlust, please visit our new travel photography shop on Etsy.
About The Editor
Jessica Festa was born and raised in New York. Curious by nature, she has traveled all over the world. Some of her experiences include studying and working in Australia, teaching English in Thailand, orphanage work in Ghana, backpacking Europe and South America, touring through South East Asia and China, road tripping through the United States and much more. She enjoys experiencing a place at ground level, especially when it involves eating typical foods and drinking local libations.
You can contact Jessica via social media or use the contact form below.
Latest posts by Jessica Festa (see all)
- Have A Decadent Halloween With These Sweet & Savory Chocolate Recipes - October 30, 2014
- Culinary Culture: A Delicious Guide To Turkish Food, From Past To Present - October 29, 2014
- Horchata NYC: Where Modern Mexican Food Meets Authentic Design - October 27, 2014
- How To Experience The Best Of California’s Temecula Valley Wine Country - October 24, 2014
- A Taste Of Italy: 5 Best Bites In Tuscany - October 23, 2014