The above video provides a visual into the project
In Chicago, buckets provide more than just a tool that allows us to collect and carry water. Here, they provide a method for survival.
“Bucket” is a feature-length documentary telling the story of Chicago’s “bucket boys,” young men growing up in poverty and using their bucket drumming skills to earn a respectable income for themselves and their families. More than that, beating beautiful percussion notes from the bucket becomes a way of life. You learn more by checking out the videos above and below.
To make the documentary a reality, the filmmakers — the Lucas Brothers, born and raised on Chicago’s South Side — have created a Kickstarter project to raise the necessary funds for equipment, permits, insurance, film festival fees and crew. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds will go toward showing the documentary to the Boys & Girls Club of Chicago.
You can support the project on Kickstarter by clicking here.
Also Check Out:
Latest posts by Jessica Festa (see all)
- This Recipe Sharing Platform Supports Women In The Culinary Industry (Labneh Recipe Included!) - Nov 5, 2020
- Hiking The Mohare Danda Community Eco-Trek In Nepal - Jun 3, 2020
- 6 Important Questions For Choosing A Responsible Yoga Retreat - May 18, 2020
- How To Create & Grow A Profitable Blogging Business (Ethically) - Jan 18, 2020
- Exploring Historic England By Train [5-Day itinerary] - Oct 24, 2019