The above video provides a visual into the project
In Chicago, buckets provide more than just a tool that allows us to collect and carry water. Here, they provide a method for survival.
“Bucket” is a feature-length documentary telling the story of Chicago’s “bucket boys,” young men growing up in poverty and using their bucket drumming skills to earn a respectable income for themselves and their families. More than that, beating beautiful percussion notes from the bucket becomes a way of life. You learn more by checking out the videos above and below.
To make the documentary a reality, the filmmakers — the Lucas Brothers, born and raised on Chicago’s South Side — have created a Kickstarter project to raise the necessary funds for equipment, permits, insurance, film festival fees and crew. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds will go toward showing the documentary to the Boys & Girls Club of Chicago.
You can support the project on Kickstarter by clicking here.
Also Check Out:
Latest posts by Jessica Festa (see all)
- Your Ultimate Travel Guide To Plano, Texas - Aug 23, 2018
- This Delicious Marinated Steak Recipe Offers A Fun California Twist - Aug 18, 2018
- Your Ultimate Guide To Virginia’s Outdoor-Focused Eastern Shore - Jun 21, 2018
- Your Ultimate Guide To Pasco County, Florida - May 24, 2018
- The Ultimate Solo Female Traveler’s Guide To Tampa Bay, Florida - May 16, 2018