For those craving a private getaway, one of Modscape’s latest projects — Omaroo, meaning “beautiful view” in the aboriginal language — offers sustainable seclusion in Victoria, Australia. The vacation rental is located in the peaceful hamlet of Glenlyon, featuring 270-degree views of the countryside landscape.
Explains Modscape’s managing director, Jan Gyrn, “The idea was to introduce a chic country retreat into the luxury accommodation market in the shire of Hepburn Springs on a property that offers panoramic views of undulating country landscape. The layout of the floorplan is therefore influenced by the opportunity to take full advantage of the countryside views which has consequently influenced the transition between indoor and outdoor spaces and the palette of materials used.”
In terms of the green design, not only are guests immersed in nature through proximity and views, but the structure itself is crafted from local raw materials — mainly local wood for a rustic feel — and offers a seamless transition from indoor to outdoor spaces. A double-sided wood fireplace, hydronic heating and rainwater harvesting more reasons to opt for this eco-friendly vacation rental, which starts at $430 for two nights for up to four guests. Click here for details, and check out the photos below.
Latest posts by Jessica Festa (see all)
- Hiking The Mohare Danda Community Eco-Trek In Nepal - Jun 3, 2020
- 6 Important Questions For Choosing A Responsible Yoga Retreat - May 18, 2020
- How To Create & Grow A Profitable Blogging Business (Ethically) - Jan 18, 2020
- Exploring Historic England By Train [5-Day itinerary] - Oct 24, 2019
- Learning The Art Of Fresco In Florence - Oct 16, 2019