Aşure or Ashure, a traditional dessert in Turkey, is a pudding-like dish made with grains, fruits and nuts like cherries, hazelnuts, cashews, figs, chic peas, fava beans, raisins and rice (recipe varies by who’s making it). Sugar, orange and lemon peel, cinnamon, rose water and pomegranate kernels are other popular additions. You’ll especially find Ashure eaten in the colder months as it’s high in calories.
Latest posts by Jessica Festa (see all)
- A Culturally-Immersive Adventure In Mongolia’s Altai Mountains - Jul 8, 2023
- This Recipe Sharing Platform Supports Women In The Culinary Industry (Labneh Recipe Included!) - Nov 5, 2020
- Hiking The Mohare Danda Community Eco-Trek In Nepal - Jun 3, 2020
- 6 Important Questions For Choosing A Responsible Yoga Retreat - May 18, 2020
- How To Create & Grow A Profitable Blogging Business (Ethically) - Jan 18, 2020